Although we require no academic prerequisites for acceptance into PYP 1, prospective students at these levels are interviewed; they must be toilet-trained and able to speak and follow simple instructions.
All other prospective students take relevant assessment tests in a number of subjects. These tests help to determine if the student has attained the minimum expected standard for each subject. MHIS then makes final placement decisions but can resort to various strategies at its disposal to help bring a student to the required level. Special academic support is offered at the discretion of the school.
Appointments for assessment testing can be made by contacting the admission office through the school phone numbers or email address.
- Admission Application filled out.
- Copies of transcripts of previous school work must be submitted during application, or at assessment if online.
- Student takes entrance exams in English and Math.
- Interview with both parents.
- Test results and former school records are used to assist in class placement scheduling.
The following documents are required:
- Completed Registration Form (Or submitted Online Registration)
- Original Birth Certificate or copy of passport (for foreign students)
- Medical Certificate/Report
From previous school:
- Official transcript and/or originals of relevant documents.
- Admissions Payment Form (completed by the Administration and signed by both Administration and parent).
- 6 passport photos (size 4*6).
Any student from a non-American English Language school who wishes to be admitted at MHIS must, in addition to the above mentioned requirements for registration, fulfill the following:
- Students age must be appropriate for grade level.
Denial of admission may be due to, but not limited to, any of the following reasons:
- Incomplete or improper transcripts and/or records
- Low admission test scores and/or poor academic records
- A history of disciplinary problems or substance abuse problems
- Classes at MHIS have reached their maximum enrollment numbers
Learn About Our Approach
We adopt the IB learning methodology. Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. We are currently a candidate school for the PYP Programme, and aim to follow this with the MYP, and DP Programmes as our students grow and develop.